
Today over at Kelly's Korner, she wrote a post about all of her "simple pleasures." Those little things that just make you smile and bring joy to your heart. I love that she decided to do this because I like to be sure and make a list like this at least once a year. We did this in college at a leadership retreat I went to for my church. We made a list of what stirs your affections for God, and what robs your affections for God. This way you can focus on the things that bring you closer to God, and try to stay away from the things that do the opposite. It's a good way to keep your focus on things that bring you joy. God created all these things for us so that we can delight in HIM!!
The color GREEN! It makes my heart happy.
The changing of the seasons/holidays (and the new decorations)
The kiss I get every morning before Bryan goes to work!
When Bryan gets home from work, Kelty runs to the door with his tail wagging. :)
I also just love when Bryan gets home from work!
Dr. Pepper in a styrofoam cup
New school supplies
Finding a song with the perfect lyrics for my mood
A warm drink on a cold rainy day
Crossing everything off of my list, or completing a project
Check out this "I heart lists" Stampin Up set!!
My niece saying "Love you, Ash." :)
Surprises!
Staying in my pajamas all day
Cupcakes, cookies, or donuts with SPRINKLES!
Daily phone calls with my momma
Sweatpants and zip up hoodies
A totally clean house, with a candle burning
Reruns of Gilmore Girls
The beauty of the great outdoors (mountains, beaches, plains...)
A hot shower
Blankets (I just got an A&M Snuggie!!!)
Cards in the mail
Panera Bread (Asiago Cheese Bagel with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Cheese, yum!!)
Freshly Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
What are some of your simple pleasures? Make your own list, I promise it will fill your heart with JOY!!
P.S. I am also making some football cupcakes for a Super Bowl party we're going to this weekend. I'm really excited about them, and I'll let you know how they turn out!


Ohhh! I like this a lot :) I want the recipe for football cupcakes... I should make these for the party I'm going too (at my parents). Care to share? Email me? ria.thurston@gmail.com You are sooo creative! I love a clean house with a candle burning too - what a small thing, but so obtainable!
ReplyDeleteI love a clean house with a candle burning too...shoot...didn't add that to my list...I live in the Spring area....good to find you via Kelly..
ReplyDeleteIs that the cupcake from the top of the Hey! Cupcake airstream trailer in Austin?
ReplyDeleteOKAY - and I was so off! Nathan Clements is your brother-in-law whom I ADORED in high school!!!!!!!!!! We were in the same class. Awesome guy.