I have a new obsession with fabric flowers and today I found a new way to make them. First I used the fabric I had at home to try it out, and this afternoon I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to get some fabric for a couple more. The pictures just don't do them justice!! There are two layers of fabric, so they are really full.
The pink/green/orange ones are for my niece. They are made out of the same fabric as the dress that she wore as a flower girl in our wedding. I made 2 so she could wear pigtails. I really love the black and white one, it's my favorite!
I also decided to try burlap. I've seen tons of crafts done with burlap in the blogging world so I decided to get some just to have on hand. Then I wanted to try it for a flower. I LOVE how it turned out!
I also made some earrings today. They were WAY EASY! I bought the black earring part for 1/2 off (they were $2.47 full price), and then I bought a package of earring loops (they were $1.47 for 8 pieces). To put them together all I had to do was open the little loop at the bottom of the part that goes in your ear and connect it to the black part. I plan on wearing them tomorrow!!
On Sunday before we went to our Super Bowl party Bryan wanted to make a shirt to support Drew Brees and the Saints. He had an old black t-shirt, so we went and got a gold paint pen at Wal-Mart. We printed off the fleur de lis and the letters and traced them on the shirt. I think it turned out really well! (YAY SAINTS!!!) I have to be honest, I was really skeptical of his idea at first. But everyone at the party was really impressed, and couldn't believe we made it ourselves. I'll post pictures of my Super Bowl disaster baking day later on in the week. It ended up being pretty stressful, but at least my cupcakes turned out well.
For my next project, I decided I needed a container to put Kelty's treats in. I had one that I had already painted a label on it with chalkboard paint, so I used stickers to personalize it with Kelty's name. I think it looks really fun, now we just need to buy more treats to fill it up!!
Also, I had to take Kelty to the vet today to get a shot, and he now weighs 12.6 pounds! I will post a new video of him soon. He's growing so fast!
Hope your week has gotten off to a great start! I'll post our Super Bowl recap later this week.


FUN!!! CUTE!! You are soooo creative. Did you see my post about the footballs? Total fail. You were so sweet for sending the bakerella link my way. Everyone thought they were delicious, but they sure didn't LOOK the best ;)
ReplyDeleteI'll make a deal with you. I'll show you how to make the keychains if you will show me how to make the fabric flowers! I love the fabric flowers! And I love the title "Clements Crafts" - great name for an Etsy store. Christie suggested that I start a store for the keychains, aprons, and scarves - I could call my store would be "Scraps Gone Wild"!
ReplyDeleteThose are SO cute! Can you post a step-by-step for those of us who are not as creative please? I would love to have a head band with a few of those fabric flowers on it. Or maybe just a few to spruce up my outfits.
ReplyDeleteIf you dont want to post it, maybe you can facebook/email me?
Wish you lived closer...
I love those flowers!! Do you take custom orders? I have the fabric...you have the talent!
ReplyDeleteC :)
Hey Girl!
ReplyDeleteCome by my blog today... I gave you a surprise :)
ashlan! i found your blog through facebook awhile back and have just had a ball stalking it ever since! hope you don't mind! you have such cute ideas, and i enjoy seeing where life has taken you! the glory days of soccer are long gone, but it's wonderful to see how full of blessings your life is! congrats on your marriage! and keep blogging. your ideas are soo fun!
ReplyDelete