Finished Product! Here are some step by step directions to make your own flower. I apologize because some of the pictures are a little blurry.
1. Trace 8 circles on a piece of fabric. I used a drinking glass as a pattern. Cut your circles out.
2. Fold each circle in half, and then in half again, and you will end up with a triangle. Staple or glue the corner so that it stays. You can use fabric glue or a hot glue gun.
3. Cut out a small circle out of fabric to glue your pieces onto. Then using hot glue or fabric glue, glue 4 pieces to your small circle.
4. This is what the bottom layer looks like, with 4 pieces glued to your small fabric piece.
5. For the next layer, take the rest of the 4 pieces and glue them on top. Make sure you glue each piece in the seam of the bottom layer. For example, don't put a top piece in the same position as a piece on the bottom.
6. This is what it looks like with the complete second layer glued on. For the second layer, I take out the staples (so you won't be able to see them) and glue the pieces together so they will stay.
7. Glue a button to the middle of the flower. You can use a regular button or a covered button. If you want to cover the button with the fabric you are using, just cut a circle of fabric that's slightly bigger than your button, and use your glue to wrap the fabric around the button as you glue.
Here is a side view, of the layers of fabric. (sorry it's blurry)
This is what the back of the flower looks like.
8. To finish all you have to do is glue a hair clip or pin to the back.
Hope this helps, Holley! Let me know if there are any questions.


Ohhhhh thanks for sharing, Ashlan :) I want to make some of these!! Soon!
ReplyDeleteYou make it look so easy! I love them!!
ReplyDeleteI just love them! I was going to just add plain buttons to my curtain tops, now I have a new idea!
ReplyDeleteC :)
THANK YOU!! That is not nearly as hard as I thought they were going to be. I will be sure to post some pictures once I get some made. Thanks!!
ReplyDelete