Our little boy is 8 1/2 weeks old! He has been a great addition to our family. He has done really good with potty training, and now goes and stands by the back door when he needs to go out. We have maybe 1 accident a day. When he goes potty outside he runs back in and sits right next to our TV cabinet. We keep his treats on top so they're close to the door. He knows he gets a treat when he comes in. Yay Kelty!!
Can you find the puppy in the picture?!?! This is in our backyard.
We are trying to work with him on walking on his leash. I try to take him to the mailbox everyday on his leash to get him used to it. He sometimes acts like a bucking bronco when we put it on. :)
Isn't that a sweet face!!!
Last night we took him to puppy social hour at PetCo. There were 7 puppies there, and they set up a roped off area where the pups can run and play with each other. Kelty was very timid at first and sat under our chairs. He would also lay down and watch everyone, but not interact. The lady leading the class said this was very typical for the herding dogs. This went on for the first 45 minutes. Finally he decided at the very end that he wanted to play. He would run and bark at all his new friends, and it was hilarious! He even picked the biggest puppy there to play with; he was very brave! We plan on going back next week because we want him to be exposed and comfortable with other dogs. It will be interesting to see how he acts.
Also, here are the ingredients for my football cupcakes I was telling you about. I'm making chocolate cupcakes with green (vanilla/almond) icing that I will pipe on the cupcakes to look like grass. Then I'm making Bakerella's Oreo Football Truffles to set on top. I'll be back with pictures after the big game.
Go Saints!!!


Nice to meet you too. What district are you subbing in? What grade level would you like to teach? Any preference in school districts? I teach 10th grade in Spring ISD.
ReplyDeleteThe potty training will get easier I promise. If he knows to go to the door when he needs out that is a GREAT sign!
ReplyDelete