Last weekend I was able to head to Dallas to spend a girl's weekend with my good friend Ashley. We were roommates in college and she was my maid of honor. We also got to hang out with Jessica, who lived in the same apartment complex as us, and worked with Ashley at Chili's. We hadn't seen each other in awhile so it was nice to spend time together!
I got in Friday night and we started off the weekend going to Denton. We first went and got ice cream at Beth Marie's, which is a staple if you live in Denton. All of their ice cream is homemade, and they have the coolest flavors.
Ashley and Jessica
My favorite flavor is cupcake, it's delicious!!
Then we drove to our old apartment and took a picture on the steps. The girls of #1924!
We also drove around UNT, our alma matter.

We took this picture 4 years ago, when we were there for orientation.
Same picture, but now we are college graduates!!
Saturday morning we decided to have breakfast at this cool place:
The cereal bar. It's my new favorite place!! If you live in the DFW area, you need to go try this. They are located in The Colony.
The wall of cereal.
I SO wish I had this in my house.
You can get as many different cereal flavors as you would like, with 2 toppings for $2.95.
I chose Trix and Fruity Pebbles with strawberries and bananas. But seriously, the possibilities are endless!!!
That afternoon we went to see a Rangers game. And boy was it HOT!! Thankfully about 1 1/2 hours into the game the shade made its way to our seats.
We even got to see Josh Hamilton hit a home run!
Have you heard his story? He has a dark past, but he found Jesus and loves to talk about it. He has an awesome testimony. Check it out here.
Another highlight of the day was that Ash got interviewed by the local Fox news!!
They asked her questions about the heat. She did a great job, and we got to watch her on TV that night, she's famous. :)
We won!!!!!
Rangers: 6
Rays: 1
I had an awesome time at the game! Going to baseball games really make it feel like summer.
Sunday morning we went to church at The Village Church. It was the church we went to together while we were in college, and man do I miss it! I was proud to be a member of that church family.
The inspiring pastor, Matt Chandler, found out last year that he has brain cancer. He is an inspiration to so many people, and even though he is suffering, his faith still shines. The Associated Press wrote an article about him here. If you want to keep up with his progress, he does video updates on the church's youtube channel.
All in all, I had a nice relaxing weekend. It was fun reminiscing and remembering fun memories. Can't wait to do it again. :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend. We're off to celebrate our anniversary!


I'm glad you girls had fun. I am so jealous of your weekend...Rangers, ice cream, and a cereal bar!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to spend time with Ash and the girls. I'm glad you have that bond. :) Have a GREAT time at Horseshoe Bay!!! We were at the ranch this time last year.:) Those are also some awesome memories!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom and Dad