Nothing like updating the blog a week late, ha! Last Saturday night we went to see Dave Barnes perform at the House of Blues. He is a singer/songwriter, who sings contemporary/acoustic/christian/folk type of music. I don't really know how to label his music, but it's very good!
This is a video of pictures from the concert we went to that somebody put up on YouTube.
They took better pictures than I did. :)
The concert was awesome! It was in the Peacock Room, which was really small. I like concerts at small venues because it makes it feel more intimate. Dave is also very funny, which makes his concerts even more enjoyable. Somebody tweeted this after one of his concerts: "Taking a date to see a Dave Barnes concert is like taking a date to a Brad Pitt movie. You leave less attractive and less funny. What was I thinking?" haha!!
Dave Barnes holds a special place in our relationship. Back when Bryan and I first started talking on the computer (we hadn't even met in person) I heard the song "Until You" and sent it to Bryan. It was late one night when we were having one of our heart to heart talks. We fell in love and the rest is history. :) So, "Until You," is our song.
We also went to a Dave Barnes concert when we were in college. Bryan came up to visit me in Denton and Dave was playing at a church in Dallas. We took this picture at that concert.

From that concert as well.

This is his recent single. They play it on KSBJ the christian radio station here in Houston. He also sang it on All My Children.
Love it!!!


Great songs! Thank you for turning me onto Dave's music. I really like it.
ReplyDeletelove you :)
I love that you guys are concert people! I wish we could go to more, but I am loving looking at your pictures in the mean time :)
ReplyDelete