Today we decided to take Kelty to get a "little" haircut. We went short because it gets so hot down here (especially when you are wearing a fur coat), so we wanted him to be cooler. We weren't really sure what to expect, and were very anxious to see him when we went to pick him up. I wanted to share some before shots so you could get the full effect of the change.
BEFORE
We got him a cupcake toy a couple of nights ago, and he loves it! It looks like he has a mane in this picture, ha!
Here is his furry self acting like he is king of the house...
Here you can really see his fur, and how long it was.
The little fur-ball likes to snuggle with mom. :)
AFTER
No more long fur, but same sweet face.
Full body shot. Crazy how big of a difference it makes! Now you can actually see his cute collar. His tail is still pretty fluffy, and it looks kind of funny.
No more lion's mane.
His coat is so spotted that he looks like a dalmation! They told us to not keep him out in the sun for too long because he could get a sunburn. :) His skin is really light pink, so he burns easily, poor thing.
It feels like we have a new dog! I told Bryan I feel like I should call him something new because he doesn't look like my Kelty. It's going to take some getting used to.
We took him to the same place we board him, so that he would be familiar with the place and people. They said he did good for it being his first time. He didn't like the noise of the clippers or the blowdryers, but that was to be expected. He barks at me every time I use the blowdryer or vacuum at home. But when they finished with him, it didn't seem to phase him one bit. And he is still running around the house like his usual self. :) I'm anxious to see how fast it grows out.
What do you think of Kelty's new 'do??


He looks all innocent without hair for some reason, not the ornery Kelty we've played with.
ReplyDeleteLOVE it! And I'm sure he is much cooler :)
ReplyDelete