Today I have worked on a couple of projects around the house to spruce up some things I already have. I used the scrap fabric that you have seen repeatedly throughout my living room. The first thing I did was use different pieces to put inside the windows of a brown lantern. I also glued a small green button in the middle of each window pane. I think it turned out great!
For this candle, I just glued the fabric around the middle and glued a green button on too. It's simple, but really dresses up the plain candle!
Now onto the furniture that we repainted. We did the coffee table, side table, and the kitchen dining table and chairs. Here is a before pic....
You can see the dining table and the coffee table. Both were a light wood.
And now they're dark!! I thought it was a little too much brown after we painted them, so we decided to do a green border. (It looks white in the picture but it's a light green)
We wanted to do a full border all around, but once we taped off, since the tape overlapped we had these little boxes in the corner. We thought we would give it a try, and I am so excited we did! I LOVE the result! I think it classes the tables up a bit. :)
Now for the table and chairs. They were also a light wood before....
Now they're black. Don't pay too much attention to the chairs, they are awaiting new covers. I would love to have green and white polka dots or stripes, but I'm not sure how to attempt making new ones.
We made our way up to DFW last weekend to spend some time with my family. We had tons of fun and I love it when we are all in the same place, even if it's a short period of time. I got to spend most of Saturday with my precious niece Elliot. She has gotten so big since the last time we had seen her.
Doesn't she have the sweetest face!
Here she is with her Nonni riding the carousel at Grapevine Mills Mall.
I already miss her sweet laugh. Can't wait to see her again soon!
Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!! :)








I love your furniture!! Can't wait to see it in about 6 weeks:) Elliot looks too cute in the outfit her Aunt Ash picked out, green of course!! It was such a fun weekend!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all your touches! It makes your house a home.
ReplyDeleteFor chair covers, look for an inexpensive chair cover that you really like the style but maybe not the color, buy one and use it as a pattern.
C :)
The house looks great! You are very talented :)
ReplyDeleteI think that dining room table used to be yours Elizabeth. It sure has been passed around through siblings. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are just so crafty! I love your the updates you did to your furniture. A little elbow grease goes a long way!!
ReplyDelete