I found the idea for a Blessing Ring on another of other blogs and I figured it would be very easy to make one. The idea is to take little notes of encouragement, scripture, or cards and string them together on a ring. It's a great way to use all those old cards you have stored in drawers; Mom I'm referring to you. :) I used our wedding and shower cards for mine.
Materials:
Steel Ring (I got mine at Hobby Lobby in the knitting section, it was $1.27)
Ribbon (I used green, white, and brown to match our bedroom)
Cards, notes, etc.
Other scrapbook supplies (stickers, paper, buttons)
Instructions:
1. Punch a hole in each card. I punched mine in the top left corner, but you can really punch it anywhere and it will work.
2. Cut small pieces of ribbon to attach the cards to the ring. I used very thin green and white ribbon, cut about 3-4 inches.
3. After attaching all cards, cut the rest of your ribbon in long strips. (you want it to hang below the cards) Tie these ribbon pieces to the ring in between the cards.
4. I also created a little scrapbook piece that I tied to the top of the ring, and then cut smaller pieces of ribbon to tie around it.
I love this idea because it has an endless number of possibilities! You could do this with Christmas cards, for a baby shower, teachers gifts, and many others. I also like it because it showcases great memories instead of storing them in closets or drawers. Enjoy! :)


I love it - wouldn't it be great for Christmas cards! Thanks for sharing! Carla
ReplyDelete