Hey, remember when we went to Germany oh you know in APRIL?!? I've been meaning to blog the rest of the trip, but somehow haven't yet. Bryan keeps bugging me about it, so here goes. Here is the recap from day 1 to see where I left off. Now, on to Germany Day 2. This would be Thursday, May 2nd, 2013.
Bryan had to meet with the customer to figure out the problem with the pump he went to fix. I stumbled out of bed so I could have breakfast with him before he left. We had breakfast in the hotel, then off he went. Breakfast was pretty standard cereal, pastries, coffee. But the weird thing was the meats. There was a tray set out of lunch meats. After breakfast, I headed back to the room and proceeded to fall asleep, ha! I wasn't about to walk around by myself and I was a little tired from the traveling. So I slept for a few more hours, then got up and got ready. When Bryan got back it was time for lunch, so we headed out into Salzwedel.
Lunch was at a pizza place in the middle of town. Now, I am all about traveling and getting the experience of other countries, but I'm not that keen on trying new foods. The pizza was delicious by the way! They did not have an English menu, nor did they speak very good English so trying to order was very interesting. But we did it!
After lunch, we took a stroll through the town. I loved all the little buildings. It was just what I pictured Germany would look like.
We stopped at a little cafe and had dessert. I had chocolate gelato, and Bryan got a macchiato. It came in this cool pint glass!
This was the town square in Salzwedel. Very charming!
Probably my favorite picture from the trip. Looks like it's straight out of a fairy tale! Everything was so green and lush.
Documentation that we were actually there!
Saw this sign in a little park. No idea what it says, but thought it looked cool.
The best part of the trip was the weather! It was beautiful; and as I sit here in July in Texas, I am missing those cool temps right about now!
Bryan went back out to the shop in the afternoon, and I took another nap! Then we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant. I had a grilled chicken salad and Bryan got a steak. (we are really adventurous!, ha!!) Call Me Maybe came on the radio and I had to laugh. :) Then we called it a night.
That was the end of Day 2! Stay tuned for Day 3 when we are off to Berlin!!











No comments:
Post a Comment