Well friends, since the last time we've spoken Bryan and I have become...world travelers!! It happened rather quickly, and was a bit crazy! Let me give you the full story.
On Monday, April 29, Bryan texted me at work telling me he had to go to Germany the following day. This last minute notice is something we've had to get used to with the position he is in now. He helps troubleshoot problems with oil pumps out in the field, so when someone has an issue they call and he goes. {even if it is across the world!} That night we had made a Target run getting him everything he needed and he kept hinting at the fact that it would be so much better if he had a travel buddy. Well that got me to thinking...WHY NOT? My lesson plans were done for the week, I still had 4 personal days to use, and it was the chance of a lifetime!! So, I texted my principal and she said she would approve the days, yay!
Now I am definitely NOT spontaneous, so once I got the idea in my head I wanted to follow it through just to prove to myself that I could in fact do it! We booked my flight that night and started packing.
Tuesday morning, we got up early, finished packing, made another Target run (this time for ME!), dropped Kelty off at the boarders, and headed to the airport.
My first trip to Europe and I only had a small suitcase and a carry on!! Thought that needed documented! :)
Our flight from DFW left at 3:20, and we got into Berlin around 12:00, it was May 1st. {Germany is 7 hours ahead of us} We picked up a guy who works for the same company as Bryan (but in the Scotland office), got the rental car and started our 3 hour drive up to Salzwedel, Germany. We went straight to our cute little hotel called, Hotel Union.
The outside of the hotel and the view out our window.
Bryan had a quick meeting with the company he came to help and then it was dinner time. We walked around Salzwedel took lots of pictures then headed back to the room. We weren't too hungry and our bodies were super confused so we ate some snacks watched an episode of Parenthood on DVD{all the shows on TV were in German!}, and went to bed. Here is a few pics of walking around Salzwedel. It was the perfect little German town!









I love the little town Salzwedel!! Love the architecture and the quaintness of the shops and streets. So glad you got to go!
ReplyDeleteIm so glad you joined him...better to do that now while you are young and kid free! I love all your pics too!
ReplyDelete