March 22, 2010

Spring Break in Amarillo


No matter where life takes us or how far away we roam,
our hearts may make the journey but will always be at home. :)

My mom and I found this sign when we went shopping and I loved it!
(I didn't buy it, but now I wish I would have)

Last week I went home to the Panhandle of Texas to visit my family for Spring Break. It was very refreshing to relax and spend time with my whole family. My favorite part had to be all the playtime with my favorite niece! She is 20 1/2 months old, adorable, and SMART!! She is entertaining and so much fun to be with. My brother just updated their blog with some cute Elliot stories. You can read about them here.

Here are some highlights from my trip!

We colored!

Read lots of books. (That's her cheesy face for the camera, isn't it cute!!)

Painted her toes pink!

And acted silly!! I LOVE THIS GIRL!!

I also made a shower curtain with my mom-in-law. It's made out of Amy Butler home decor fabric, and I love how it turned out. Now I need to get started redecorating my guest bathroom!

I got to paint pottery with my mom. I made a ring holder and she painted a bowl with a lid. I have always wanted to do this, and I enjoyed it so much. Thanks mom!!

I also got to spend a whole day daddy-daughter day. We met Jordan and Elliot at the park, and then got snow cones. So it was almost like a double daddy-daughter date! :)

My aunt drove back to Houston with me and spent the weekend here with us. It was pretty low key. We celebrated her birthday on Friday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM!) with pedicures, Panera Bread, some shopping, and an Eli Young Band concert at the Rodeo. She left yesterday morning to head back.

I had a fun week, and now I'm enjoying some quality time with my sweet husband, who I missed so much!

6 comments:

  1. I had a great time. Nieces are alot of fun to hang out with!!! It's neat you have one of your own now. Thanks again for a fun time :)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You squeezed a lot of fun into a week! Bet you were pooped when you got home. Thanks for coming to see us and thanks for the button hole challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun weekend...i love the shower curtain...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did have fun!! Jordan and Jennie had more cute Elliot stories to tell when I took them their cupcakes (they LOVED them). Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sign! We hope to be back that way soon!

    C :)

    ReplyDelete