We have been spending the last week getting settled in our new HOUSE! We thought the day would never come.
WELCOME!
Kitchen hardware
Pantry
Quilt in master bedroom
Light in the kitchen
We had great help from Bryan's parents, and our friends Eli and Laura unpacking and putting stuff away. They were amazing!
Last Thursday, we got a fun surprise when Seth, our sales guy from HD homes brought us dinner from Central Market. So thoughtful, and YUMMY!
Then this last weekend, we got a visit from my family! I had fun showing them my house and around Ft. Worth. We even unpacked the board game box!! We played Life and Cranium. I even tried to make a hoodie with play dough. Bryan couldn't guess what it was, but I thought it looked pretty good!
And my favorite part of the weekend, was when we bought this table!! I've had my eye on this guy for months now. I didn't like the barstools that originally came with it (in the pic), so we went to Haverty's and found some even better ones! It gets delivered this coming weekend, and I could not be more excited. I'll be sure and take pictures when it comes in.
The best thing about building a house is the time we had to prepare. We started this process last June, so that gave us almost a year to save up. We could spread out our spending over the months (refrigerator, couch, rug) so that when it came time we were ready. It also gave us time to hit some big sales! When we moved in it was like Christmas, getting to open up and use all our new stuff!
I feel like I actually have a "style" now, and it was so neat seeing my vision come together!
That about wraps it up for this Monday. We've been busy gearing up for our field trip tomorrow at school. Central Market here we come!









It looks so great! You have done an amazing job. I still just love that rug to death. Enjoy your field trip! I love your hoodie by the way...I totally saw it!
ReplyDeleteAshlan, I love your house! It is SO you, and you're right, it's cool to see the entire vision come together so beautifully! I cannot wait to come and see it. And great clay creation on the hoodie...it turned out very good! :) Happy Tuesday and enjoy your field trip today!
ReplyDeletelooks like a hoodie to me!not surprised you're getting so many compliments - your home looks like it was done by a professional - I love it!
ReplyDelete