December 19, 2010

Pre-Christmas Celebrations



This weekend we had our Christmas celebrations, before we travel home on Thursday. Saturday night we went out to dinner at Pappasito's (the fajitas were amazing!!) and then to River Oaks (fancy pants) to look at Christmas lights. And of course we had to stop by Starbucks to get a warm drink. Thanks to the sweet parents of the kiddos in my preschool class, I had plenty of Starbucks gift cards to get free drinks!

After looking at lights we came back to the house to have our own little Christmas. :) We had already gotten our big presents from each other, Bryan got a stereo for his car and I got a new digital camera. So, Saturday night we were just going to do stockings... or so I thought.

First we set Kelty's "santa" gifts under the tree. He got a A&M basketball, some squeaky balls, treat sticks, a "cookie tester" toy, and an antler to chew on. Spoiled dog!! :)


Once he was occupied with his new treasures, we did our stockings. Bryan went first...


Then it was my turn.


Here is a little breakdown of all of our Christmas goodies:
Bryan got a nut driver set, a multi-tool, an A&M car decal, a Texas Rangers car air freshener, a gift certificate to a cigar store, some pepper relish from a local sandwich shop, and candy of course!

And I got an eye mask, some polka dotted socks, candy, and UGG BOOTS!!!!! Bryan surprised me with these, as you can see in the picture. :) I have wanted some for a while and I had no idea he was getting them for me. I have such a sweet husband!


This afternoon we decided to drive up to Sam Houston National Forest and drive around. We want to go camping up here soon, so we wanted to scope things out.


Took this picture of one of the tree lined roads. I have been having fun with some new photography apps on my phone.


Here are my boys on the trail! Kelty did really good on the hike. He loves exploring the great outdoors, just like his dad. :) I love how this picture turned out.


Love all the trees.


It was a nice weekend, and now we are getting geared up for Christmas in Amarillo/Canyon. Looking forward to celebrating with family in just a few days. I can't believe it!!

3 comments:

  1. It's great the way you guys celebrate Christmas! It makes the whole holiday last a long time!! Look forward to seeing y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun!! I am VERY excited about you coming home soon. : ) I may have to try out those UGG boots.

    ReplyDelete