September 21, 2010

Colorado


We had a wonderful time in Colorado. The weather was beautiful, and it was so nice to get to hang out with family. We sure miss that! We flew out Thursday night and Nathan and Kendra picked us up from the airport.

Friday, we got up early and the boys got started working on Nathan's roof, and the girls went grocery shopping.

When we got back we made the boys lunch and then got to crafting!! I had been wanting to make a pennant for a long time, so we decided to make a Fall themed one. Carla has a fancy Big Shot that we used to cut out the fabric.

Kendra and I each made one and then ironed on letters. Hers says "harvest" and mine says, "fall." We used orange and black polka dots, pumpkins, and candy corn fabric.

That night we grilled out chicken, and {delicious} Olathe corn and then headed to the hotel to take advantage of the hot tub!

Saturday, the boys were up early again working, and the girls decided to head into Golden to do some shopping. We walked up the main street and stopped in a quilt shop and a few other stores. Then we stumbled across a farmer's market, and they had so much great stuff! We ended up buying some kettle corn and some peaches, but I really wanted to buy some of this bread.

We headed back to Nathan's and fixed lunch again, then got to work crafting. We let Kendra in on the secret of covered buttons. She made some magnets and I made some clips for my niece Elliot. I bought the colored clips and then covered the buttons in matching fabric and glued them on. I love how they turned out!

That night we went and got pizza from the famous Beau Jo's, and listened to the A&M game on the radio. Then we went hot tubbing again. :) I made this flower during the day in support of the Aggies.

Sunday {Happy Birthday Nathan!!!}, the boys were still roofing, so we decided they needed our help. Everyone got up on the roof and got the job done!


I was a little uneasy being up there, but it was a beautiful view! We handed the shingles to the boys, and they nailed them down.

The finished product, ta-da!


To reward everyone for their hard work we decided to go get pedicures. The boys were excited for a much needed leg massage!! They were big fans of the massage chairs as well. :)

We also went into the cutest Kitchen store that was in the same shopping center as the nail place. That night we cooked hamburgers and watched the Cowboys game. It wasn't the ended we wanted so thankfully we had made Oreo Ice Cream cake to make up for it. We also did cards and gifts for Nathan and Carla's birthdays.

Monday, we had breakfast at the hotel, and then Keith and Carla headed back home. We walked around downtown Evergreen and then Nathan took Bryan and I to the REI in downtown Denver. We browsed a little, got some Starbucks, and then it was time for the airport.

Kelty had fun at the ranch we take him to and was once again exhausted when we picked him up. He slept for the rest of the day. :) Silly puppy.




2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were leary of heights. I'm proud of you for supporting your hubby. It is beautiful up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had an awesome time! The scenery is beautiful!!! I also love the hair clips and the fall pennants. You girls are so creative.

    ReplyDelete